1. My Fleet Size is Too Small. One of the key benefits of implementing a Fleet Management Tracking solution is that it pays for itself quickly – typically in less than one year! Our clients range in size from five units to 1000+ units and typically see a return on fleet sizes of five or more vehicles. Instead of focusing on fleet size it’s important to understand the benefits a Fleet Tracking solution will provide your business and the savings your company will experience as a result.
2. l Don’t Have Time For A Fleet Management Tracking Solution. A good Fleet Tracking solution is actually meant to save you time and increase productivity, not make your life harder. When exploring at a Fleet Management Tracking solution make sure to find out how easy it is to use and access your data. Also, since you aren’t chained to your desk all day, you want to ensure that you can still get your valuable information when you’re not in the office – for example, scheduling reports to arrive right to your inbox, and setting alerts that instantly notify you of any critical events via text message or email. It can also increase your efficiency by getting answers to all your fleet inquiries 24/7/365 without having to go back to your team every time you have a question – this makes you & your team more productive!
3. I Can’t Afford It. With increasing competition in the marketplace and rising operating costs every business is looking for ways to increase productivity and cut costs. There are some things we have no control over and others we do, for example it is expected that fuel prices will reach an all time high in 2012 – A Fleet Management Tracking solution can help reduce on average 10%-15% of your annual fuel expenses by cutting down idling time, reduce speeding, optimizing your dispatching/routing, and more. So, how we see it and based on what our client’s are saying, you really can’t afford not to have a fleet tracking solution.
4. It Makes It Look Like We Don’t Trust Our Guys. Employers are often nervous their staff will look at a Fleet Tracking solution like “Big Brother” but that is simply not the case. On the contrary employees come to depend on the technology as it provides valuable routing information, verification of work performed, and roadside assistance. Time consuming paperwork is eliminated and employees can rest assured an accurate record of their hard work is documented. These factors and other driver-specific benefits convince employees that a GPS management solution is a support tool for them too.
5. All Fleet Management Tracking Companies Are the Same. It’s true that there are a lot of GPS tracking providers which can make it difficult to distinguish the good ones from the bad. That’s why it is so important to do your research and choose wisely. The reality is, many companies with Fleet Management Tracking are not seeing the full benefits from the solution they’ve implemented – they are mainly using it for tracking and monitoring their vehicles. That’s because many tracking providers are happy to just make the sale on the features of real-time location alone and don’t commit to providing the extra support and tools required to fully gain the benefits in the short and long term. It’s important to remember when selecting a Fleet Management Tracking solution that the provider not only meets your requirements today but has the flexibility to evolve with your requirements as your business grows.